There is an increased interest in a non-surgical solutions among people, who prefer to leave face lift as second or even last choice.. .Aging population, desire to stay in “working” shape and carrying good looks into retirement demands from physicians to bring more ideas to the table. Some are new and fresh, some disappear in a blink and some are there to stay….One of them is Mesotherapy.
The technique was invented in 1952 by French Physician Dr. Michel Pistor and was intended to deliver medications just below surface of the skin, to avoid undesirable side effects to entire body. Over the past 50 yrs physicians worldwide used mesotherapy to treat musculoskeletal conditions, arthritis and sports injuries.
In 1987 the French Academy of Medicine included mesotherapy as part of training in medical schools across country.
In aesthetic medicine, the use of mesotherapy techniques to treat those parts of the body most exposes to outside aggression (the face, neck line and hands) is called mesoglow or mesolift. It consists of micro injecting products, designed to revitalize the skin and give it a new glow. Depending on their activity, these products can be classified into several categories:
- Vitamins stimulate and maintain the cellular mechanism and thus boost the production of collagen and elastin
- Anti-oxidants- combat photo-ageing
- Amino acids
- Mineral salts are essential for the various cellular enzymatic activities
- Hyaluronic acid -plays an important role in maintaining the volume and moisture of the skin and is a major contributer to its firmness.
Mesoglow is a technique that has been developed to maintain or revive the natural glow of the skin. It can therefore be used preventively, but also for treatment in the following cases:
- Loss of glow, dull, tired skin
- Reverses skin problems, resulting from pollution, smoking and/or hormonal problems
- Loss of tone, elasticity and volume resulting from the slowing down of the synthesis of the elastin and collagen, as a result of normal aging
- Dry, irritated, sensitive skin
- Photo ageing
- Fine lines and wrinkles
There are other streams in mesotherapy, that includes body sculpting, hair loss treatment and prevention and treatment of various dermatological conditions.