We can only hold on to our youthful, glowing skin for so long. But thanks to the advancements in modern science, it is now possible to reverse skin aging by using products and undergoing treatments that specifically targets various skin aging problems such as wrinkles. Treatments such as botox, fillers, face lifts and other cosmetic surgeries offer quick results, but of course they do come with a hefty price tag. Fortunately, there are many other ways to preserve your youthful skin without going under the knife… or a syringe. Let me share to you some of them.
1. Eat organic. Did you know that you can dramatically change how your skin looks just by improving your daily diet? Organic fruits and vegetables are known to be rich in antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals which can help repair damage caused by free radicals. Eating organic whole grains and other fiber rich foods everyday can also help you flush out all the toxins in your body which in turn can make your skin brighter and younger.
2. Avoid highly processed foods. Highly processed foods like white flour and refined sugar can turn into a clumpy goo once it goes inside your tummy. These foods may be yummy, but there's actually little to no nutrition to digest. It just overloads your colon with too much waste, and your colon would have no other choice but to reabsorb these toxins into your cells.
3. Take supplements daily. Supplements such as vitamins A, C, E, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, beta carotene and coenzyme Q10 can help slow down the skin's aging process and promote normal cell turnover. If you are not getting these essential vitamins and minerals on your daily diet, supplements can help you compensate for the lack of nutrients in your diet.
4. Do a full body detox at least once or twice a year. Detoxification is all about cleaning and nourishing the body from inside out. By getting rid of toxins and feeding your body with essential nutrients, body detox can help renew your ability to maintain optimum health. When toxins builds up in our system, impurities are not filtered properly and can affect our cells in a negative way – and that includes our skin cells.
5. Avoid smoking and drinking. These two vices can wreck havoc to your skin without you even knowing it. Smoking and drinking can make the moisture evaporate from your skin, resulting in a gaunt and lifeless skin.