What is anti-aging?
The word 'aging' in Oxford dictionary has been defined as “grow old or older, the tiredness we feel as we age, cause to appear old or older.” Aging is a phenomenon that can be challenging both physically and emotionally.
fightaging.org comments about definition of anti-aging as – “Like it or not, “anti-aging” now has a number of quite different common meanings and connotations. Each is championed by a particular group or loose coalition of interests, but advocates for these groups have a way of diving into the fray without defining their terms. This makes reading about anti-aging techniques, technologies, medicine, products, and debates very confusing for the newcomer.”
It further defines it as – “For the scientific community, anti-aging research refers exclusively to slowing, preventing, or reversing the aging process. There is, as of 2010, no proven medical technology that allows this goal to be accomplished in humans – although the jury is still out on the practice of calorie restriction and regular exercise. Nor is there any currently available method (short of waiting for people to die) to accurately measure the effects of an alleged anti-aging therapy.
In the medical and more reputable business community, anti-aging medicine means early detection, prevention, and reversal of age-related diseases. This is quite different from tackling the aging process itself, and a wide array of strategies and therapies are currently available. Calorie restriction, for example, is a demonstrated way to lower risk for a wide range of age-related degenerative conditions.”
One of the best ways to fight aging is to raise your metabolism raise to its highest level possible. By raising the metabolism of these patients, this immune dysfunction is alleviated or decreased. Other typical hypothyroid symptoms like excessive tiredness, excessive coldness, dry skin, itching, hair loss, brittle nails, and constipation often disappear as well. The following points will help you increase your metabolism:
- Eat frequently: You should consume small portions of food regularly to keep your metabolism steady.
- Sleep: Get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep per day. Sleep helps in rebuilding muscle and allowing body to recover and recuperate.
- Resistance Training: Resistance training like push-ups, sit-ups, walking lunges, squats, and weights will help your muscles.
- Cardiovascular exercise: Aerobic activities, brisk walking, jogging, cycling, elliptical training, step mill, swimming, or any physical activity will keep your heart healthy.
- High Intensity Interval Training: High intensity interval training is highly effective way to burn calories, and build lean muscle tissues.
- Protein intake. Have good protein intake replenish lean muscle tissue.
Consult an Anti-Aging Expert for guidance and help
Consult a good anti-aging specialist in New York for guidance and help in fighting anti-aging. Dr. Levine's method of raising thyroid metabolism differs from most endocrinologists or internists who gauge metabolism just from a TSH and T4 perspective. His goal is to get the free circulating main thyroid hormone – FT3 into the upper 20% of the normal range while getting the ratio of the total T3/ reverse T3 between 10 and 15. This technique raises the metabolism optimally.