Silkwood Medical offers a variety of treatments and procedures in a comfortable and caring environment. Dr. Warwick Nettle, respected cosmetic plastic surgeon, based in Sydney, who work with an experienced medical team to provide the latest cosmetic surgery and skincare techniques for the most successful outcomes. He also offer cosmetic procedures dedicated to the specific needs and goals of men. Here are few tips how to improve your skin by our specialist:
Feeding your skin Outside
You can greatly reduce the signs of aging by taking care of your skin. And, it's never too late to start. The condition of your skin reflects your general health and like the rest of your body, your skin needs good nutrition to look and feel its best. Whilst it is important to have a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals, there are also products available that can help your skin texture and tone from the outside in. Here are three ingredients to look for in products to feed your skin, particularly in the treatment of ageing and photo-damaged skin.
- Retinoids – that consist of vitamin A. They may act to reverse photo-ageing, evening out irregular pigmentation and appear to promote the formation of a new layer of collagen in the skin.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)– or fruit acids such as glycolic and lactic acids may improve the condition and help you maintain a healthy, glowing complexion. AHAs do this by encouraging the production of collagen which helps to decrease wrinkles and produce tighter, more youthful-looking.
- Antioxidants– such as vitamins C and E help prevent damage by neutralising free radicals and the damaging chemicals produced by the sun, smoking, pollution and other environmental factors. They also promote the formation and repair of collagen, which makes your skin more supple and elastic, and reduces wrinkles.
Feeding your skin Inside
There is a lot of truth to the saying 'you are what you eat.' The condition of your skin reflects your general health and like the rest of your body, it needs good nutrition to look and feel its best. It is important to have a balanced diet that is rich in vitamins and minerals, whole grains and lean proteins. Here are five foods to pack your meals full of in order to leave your skin glowing all summer long!
- Dark leafy greens – An excellent source of vitamin A, which prevents your face from becoming dry and flaky and also has anti-aging benefits.
- Citrus fruits – Packed full with vitamin C, fruits like oranges and grapefruits will help you by protecting you from immune deficiencies and preventing wrinkles
- Fish – High in Omega 3's these healthy fats can help to lock in moisture to your skin, which helps to decrease the look of wrinkles and plumps
- Berries – Full of antioxidants, by adding berries to your salad, cereal or yoghurt you will help protect you from free radicals which will keep you looking younger longer.
- Tomatoes – There is scientific evidence to suggest that lycopene, an antioxidant found in tomatoes can actually help block out the sun's harmful UV rays to prevent premature aging.