Frown creases and wrinkles form from doing the same facial expression, like displaying anger, happiness, or worry over the years.
With aging, the production of collagen and elastin diminish and your skin loses these reserves. The gradual decrease of these makes your skin and underlying tissue sag and deteriorate, which results in frown wrinkles and lines.
Sun exposure is another chief contributor to the wrinkles, especially those in the brow area. Genetics also plays its role and determines in which area or age you may form wrinkles. It's likely that one may get wrinkles in one's brow region at a younger age, because of hereditary reasons.
The best way to eradicate or diminish forehead lines and wrinkles fast is to carry out two easy facial toning exercises:
Place your forefingers on the edge of your hairline, in line with your eye pupils. Practice small, firm inward circles. This acupressure workout is called Mei Jung and is very effective in exercising the fine muscles, tissue, and skin on the brow. This is also beneficial for improving gall bladder and liver function.
Now, with the same fingers, situate them in line with the pupils of your eyes, in the middle between the tops of your eyebrows and hairline, again practice small inward circles. This will exercise the brow muscles and tissue, and unblock the energy and blood meridians, which will feed once starved skin cells. This exercise is known as Yang Bai. It also helps to stave off migraines and headaches.
Do each of these facial aerobics at least once per day, for about one to five minutes. Press hard, but not so that it hurts. You'll experience a tingling sensation in the higher and middle regions of your face. This is confirmation that they are working, and that the blood channels and energy points are opening. Try using a face cream or moisturizer on your fingers as you perform the acupressure face gymnastics exercises.
It must be noted that DIY facial toning in this way is very effective for other parts of the neck and face, and is great for toning chubby cheeks, double chin, turkey neck, and levelling out crow's feet, below eye wrinkles, eye bags, and dark circles.
You will notice extra color and a diminishing of forehead creases after a few days. Your forehead will look more smooth. Facial gymnastics offer permanent results, if practiced often. Listed below are some other techniques for men and women who yearn to concentrate on the elimination of deep or shallow frown lines and furrows:
- Wear shades when you venture out in bright light to avoid squinting to minimize forehead creases. Frequent squinting leads to glabellar lines, a form of forehead creases which run across your forehead over your eyes. Also use a good sunscreen.
- Try relaxing more and reduce stress and worry: These act as major contributors to brow creases; so try being calmer.
- Consuming at least 8 to 10 glasses of water each day will not only keep your skin hydrated, but also lead to a glowing, younger looking skin.
- Stop or cut down on smoking. Smoking is not just adverse for your health, it also causes the blood vessels in the epidermis to constrict which throttles blood supply to your skin. This encourages premature wrinkles to develop, such as deep frown creases.
- Put on a good quality anti-wrinkle cream that has AHA alpha-hydroxyl acids to your brow lines. These creams may purge dead skin cells, and boost the creation of new skin cells. Otherwise, you can put on natural applications like Aloe Vera, honey, olive oil or almond oil to keep your skin moisturized, soft, and supple to avoid or lessen brow wrinkles.
- Aim to obtain eight hours of sleep a night. If you have adequate rest, your body will produce more collagen and elastin. These help decrease the manifestation of creases and lines on the forehead, and help rebuild youthful skin.
- Eat lots of fruits and green vegetables to keep your skin healthy. Take vitamins in case your day-to-day diet is not enough in fulfilling your nutritional requirements.
- Smear coconut oil on your forehead, and work it slowly and gently. This exercise is very effective in the treatment of minimizing, or eliminating brow creases.
- Peel off dead skin cells by applying some decent face scrub on your face and forehead. Follow up with a good moisturizer to keep your facial skin hydrated. Scrubbing bi-weekly on regular basis will exfoliate your skin, displaying more visible results on your forehead, and reducing furrows over a surprisingly short time frame.
So, if you need to remove the furrows on your forehead and tackle other facial wrinkle and saggy face problems, utilize the above strategies and hints to accomplish a smooth forehead and a generally younger looking skin on the top part of your face.